This is a companion post to a session at WordCamp US 2022.
Gamification is the adding of game elements to non-games to motivate and engage.
We typically think of gamification as game mechanics like points, leaderboards and badges, but game experiences are more interesting and likely more fruitful in the long term.
In the presentation, I encourage further discussion on twitter and in the comments below. I’ll embed tweets in this post as I see them too.
- Do you have any examples of gamification to share?
- Is it bad to make users struggle?
- Are sliders evil?
- Should content have only one goal?
- Is beautiful always best?
- Can we gamify pricing?
- How do we change behaviors?
If you are looking for more on the topic, check out Sensei’s Guide To Gamification and WordPress here.